Friday, June 18, 2010

EDITOR'S NOTE: An introduction to ThatWineBlog.com

blp_thatwineblog_derez-5320
(Benjamin Luk is not a wine expert, but he fakes it well. © 2010 Jason Bell.)

As some of you may already know from my photography and social media exploits, I am a big fan of wine. In fact, I'm such a big fan of wine, I've decided to dedicate an entire blog to the subject. But first, a caveat to my readers: I've never had any formal wine education, but that's about to change. In August, I will be taking my Wine Fundamentals Certificate Level 1 with the International Sommelier Guild; my first step towards a sommelier diploma. Along the way, I'll be tasting wines from a great number of varietals and regions, and though I won't be blogging about them all, you can follow me on Twitter to catch more of what I'm drinking at the moment. In short, as the blog begins, you'll be getting very much a layperson's view on what each wine I'm blogging about has to offer. As my palate develops over time, you'll get more value and insight with each post.

So let's begin. Enjoy the ride.

* * * * *

Benjamin Luk is a nationally published commercial photographer and social media advocate. His work has appeared in The Georgia Straight and The Province.

No comments:

Post a Comment